Our golf camp will follow the American Development Model (ADM), which is a proven, long-term athlete development model that other sports have been using to successfully grow their sports. It brings athletic movements to engage young athletes and help retain them for years to come by making it fun, engaging, and progressively challenging, which allows golfers of all ages to experience the joy and challenge that golf has to offer. Each camp will be limited to 45 participants.
What each participant will receive:
- Free round of mini golf
- Sleeve of golf balls
- Bag of tees
- Prizes for each day of competition
Things to bring each day:
- Water Bottle
- Comfortable clothes, weather appropriate
- Either golf or tennis shoes
- Golf clubs, balls, and tees
- Director of Instruction Zach Steffen
- Russ Gilman
- Jared Cochran
- Camp 1: June 17-20, 8 AM – 9:30 AM
- Camp 2: July 8-11, 8 AM – 9:30 AM
- Camp 3: August 12-15, 8 AM – 9:30 AM
Time: 8 AM – 9:30 AM
Location: Terrace Hills Golf Course, 8700 NE 46th Ave. Altoona, IA 50009
Cost: $135 for 1 camp
Payment methods include: Credit/Debit cards at the time of registration
- Break into groups
- Go through 3 different stations, Full Swing, Chipping/Pitching, Putting
- During each station we will work on proper setup, improve technique, introduce a drill/game and then have the kids play that game or drill that follows the ADM Model
- Recap from the day and go over expectations for the next day
- Arrive and get into groups
- Go through the 3 stations again, with new drills/games to play at each.
- Recap and go over expectations for Day 3
- Competition Day!
- We will get the kids out on the course and have a challenge on each hole they play. A longest drive hole, a closest to pin hole, longest putt made hole, and other fun competitions.
- Final Day! Play Day!
- For the final day we will be out on the golf course playing 3 holes
- Arrive early if you want to hit balls prior to heading to your starting holes
- We will shuttle the players to their holes at exactly 8:30! Please be ready to go before 8:30